2. Types of Data collected
There two primary types of data we may collect from users/visitors to our website and App:
a. “Personal Information”: This personal information includes (but isn’t limited to) your name, contact number (home or mobile), credit card or other billing information, email address and photo/image you may supply for the App message card personalisation feature. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
b. “Non-Personally Identifiable Information”: This includes non-user specific information such as how many unique visitors log on to our website, how many users have downloaded our App and on which products they might click etc. This collected information can include (but is not limited to):
Any and all personal details a person provides to us through forms provided at the time of joining our mailing list and when subscribing to or requesting further services from us. This routinely includes (but is not limited to) name, address, phone number, billing information and email address.
- Details relating to visits to our website and App such as location, traffic data or any other communication data regardless of whether this is required in the process our own billing or as part of any resource you access through our site or service.
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Transaction and order fulfillment details processed through our website and App.
- Information regarding your dealings with third parties who also hold your personal information such as banking or credit card companies. This personal information might be offered as a matter or regular billing and can either be offered by this third party or be requested by us in the fulfillment of our transactions.
3. How we use the data collected
All information provided will be used for the following:
- To process your order (including payment authorisation) by our third party supplier ie in our case Stripe. These payment details are not held by Bloomtown.
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To ensure that content from our Website and App is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you and have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Please note any images you supply to us for use in the message card personalization feature in the App will be deleted from our systems at the end of every month.
4. Disclosure of information to third parties
In the following circumstances we may also disclose personal information provided/collected to third parties:
- If Bloomtown or a plurality of its assets are acquired by a third party all personal data held by our site about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are required by legal obligation to disclose personal information.
- If we are required to disclose as part of a process to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other relevant user agreements.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Bloomtown, our customers, or other relevant parties. This includes (but is not limited to) exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For marketing purposes (see direct marketing below).
5. Direct Marketing
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you from time to time (by email, mail, phone, SMS or other authorised communication methods) with information about goods and services similar to those included as part of a previous transaction with you. If you are a new or existing customer, and where you permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by email, mail, telephone, SMS or other means. If you would like to opt-out of Bloomtown contacting you for marketing purposes, you can do so at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. However, once you have consented to the transfer of your personal information to a third party, you must follow the opt out /modify procedures provided for by such third party, to opt out/modify your personal information contained in such third party’s database.
6. Site Security
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by register365. A certificate, also known as a “digital certificate” or a “public key certificate,” is a file that helps keep web communications secure. Certificates are issued by trusted organizations such as RSA Security, Inc. For example when you visit a secure website like Bloomtown using the Safari seach engine – Safari checks if the site’s certificate is legitimate. If it’s not, Safari warns you. A secure website and Safari work together to encrypt information you exchange with the site. The key used for the encryption is contained in the site’s security certificate. This protects your login information, credit card numbers, addresses, and other secure data. All personal information retained by our site is held on a secure online server utilizing the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) premium (provided, verified, and secured by Register365.)
7. Your Rights
We have a legal obligation to ensure that the personal information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by informing us of any changes to your personal information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we accept no responsibility or liability for these sites and their policies. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
We may amend, update, or otherwise alter this policy from time to time to fit with our changing needs. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use, collect, or distribute personal information we will notify you by email or via an announcement on the Bloomtown Website. We advise users to check this page periodically to ensure you are satisfied with any changes.
We are always happy to help with any questions you may have and there are a number of ways for you to get in touch with us here at Bloomtown. If you would like to speak to a member of the Bloomtown team please call us on (01) 9109929 or email us on email@example.com